Published on January 17th, 2011 | by Sportingly Better Tipster0
Fantasy Football Premier League – Wildcard Tips
This season signals a very interesting change to the Fantasy Premier League format, with them introducing a second wildcard! Personally I think it’s a brilliant idea and can give some struggling teams a real lift in the form of a second chance. In my opinion it’s best to use it as soon as possible, as with everyone making changes to their teams and using their wildcards, prices for the most in form and strongest players are likely to increase. The players to bring into your squads if they aren’t already include the following:
- Hart (6.9m) – The most expensive choice is also the strongest points scorer so far.
- Van der Sar (6.3m) – Slightly cheaper than Hart and with the full strength defence in front of him (barring Rafael’s recent suspension), United look particularly strong defensively.
- Robinson (4.6m) – A cheaper option comes in the form of Robinson, who is a strong substitute to have on the bench when the need arises.
- Ivanovic (7.0m) – Another expensive option, but with the recent 17pt haul against Blackburn, Ivanovic has shown his ability from set pieces including an outstanding leap to beat several defenders for his goal.
- Clichy (6.1m) – Arsenal seem to be finding their rhythm with all their players back and firing, and look likely to collect some clean sheets in the process, including three in their last three.
- Rafael (5.8m) – Despite his imminent ban Rafael is a player who should be in your squad for the rest of the season after nailing down the right back position in a very strong United defence.
- Bosingwa (5.4m) – Another right back who deserves your attention is Bosingwa, he comes at a cracking price but there is a small doubt on whether he will hold the role over Ferreira.
- Nani (9.6m) – Nani has come to life this season and is starting to reveal his potential by being able to keep hold of possession, playing in quality final balls and scoring goals.
- Van der Vaart (8.9m) – VDV has undoubtedly been one of the best summer transfers with a brilliant points haul so far in his debut season. He has an outstanding knack of sniffing out a goal and should be in your squad.
- Walcott (6.8m) – Started the season very strongly but unfortunately suffered an injury which has kept him out for a large period of the season. Walcott’s back now and has picked up from where he left off, and we should expect more assists and goals from this speed merchant.
- Yaya Toure (5.6m) – Coming at a great price is Toure, who is another debutant having a strong season. Man City look right in the title race and Toure could have a say in the matter.
- Adam (5.4m) – Blackpool have had an amazing season so far, proving all doubters wrong, with Charlie Adam collecting the most admirers in the process including Houllier. If he does move, it may have an impact on whether he is as an attractive of an option but this bonus points machine should definitely be considered.
- Tevez (11.5m) – If Man City come anywhere near to winning the title, it will no doubt be down to this very Argentinian. He has an amazing work rate coupled with world class quality, as shown by his stunning run and finish against Wolves. Currently the highest points scorer in the system, there is no way he should not be in your team.
- Van Persie (9.6m) – As long as Arsenal can keep this Dutchman fit, they will also go far in the title race. An outstanding performance against West Ham has brought him back into the limelight and we can expect more goals from this deadly finisher.
- Berbatov (9.4m) – Finally living up to his price tag this season, Berbatov seems to have rediscovered his confidence and his shooting boots. With Rooney still finding his way in front of goal, Berbatov could be the safer bet.
Additional players to consider or to keep an eye on as the season progresses include the following : Phil Bardsley (4.7m), Robert Huth (5.3m), Samir Nasri (8.5m), Kevin Nolan (6.1m), Andy Carroll (6.2m) and Didier Drogba (12.3m)